Mission Statement: Rising to the challenge, striving for excellence.
Our vision, values and ethos
Our vision: At Weald Rise Primary School we create a vibrant community which celebrates diversity. We endeavour to develop independent resilient learners equipped to rise to the challenges and opportunities for their future. Our children will aspire to make positive contributions to the community and our wider global society.
Our values: Our children come first and our priority is to deliver high quality teaching and learning, providing rich and truly enjoyable learning experiences for our children. We believe when children are engaged and challenged, they will reach the highest level of personal achievement and development so that when they leave us, they have a love of learning for the rest of their lives.
To this end, all staff and pupils are involved in promoting the values of collaboration, resilience, ambition and respect so that our school is a happy and safe place to work and learn together.Through our lessons, assemblies and everyday interactions between staff and pupils we encourage a deeper understanding of these values and their importance to life through our choices and actions.
At Weald Rise Primary School we will strive to:-
- Hold high and ambitious expectations of our pupils in their attendance, behaviour and attitude to their learning;
- Provide a secure and stimulating environment that gives all our pupils the opportunity to reach their full potential;
- Have regard and respect for the experiences, knowledge and cultural diversity that every child brings to school;
- Value the achievements of all children, both in and out of school and provide opportunities to develop self-confidence and a positive self-image;
- Provide a supportive culture in which staff are also encouraged to develop, extend and share their expertise;
- Recognise that children are constantly developing and so ensure that the curriculum offered to them is appropriate to their development;
- Offer all children equal access to the curriculum and school life;
- Encourage children to become good citizens, by taking responsibility for their own behaviour and developing respectful and caring attitudes towards themselves and others.