At Weald Rise we believe that it is important to reinforce the learning we do in class during the week with practice examples at home.
Every child should be doing the following daily:
– Reading for 20 minutes (could be 10 minutes before school and then 10 minutes after school) and filling in their reading response books
– Practising their number bonds and/or times tables
Homework is handed out on Thursdays and should be returned, completed, on Tuesdays.
Useful things you can do to help your child at home:
– Get them to retell / recount a story or news report
– Measure ingredients whilst helping with the cooking
– Ask questions about what they have learnt that day
– Ask them questions about the time (How long…? At what time will…begin/finish? What will the time be in…minutes/hours?)
– Any real life situations (shopping, bus/train times, cooking, board games and museum/art gallery trips)