From September 2019, we welcomed our new caterers for our school meals: Lunch Time & Co. They offer a choice of nutritious hot and cold meals, with a healthy variety of salads and home baked bread cooked and served on the school premises. The price of a school meal is £2.25. Please see below details of the new menu.
They can also choose to bring a healthy packed lunch from home.
All pupils up to the end of Year 2 are entitled to universal free school meals, regardless of parental income. However, if you are in receipt of certain benefits you are also encouraged to apply to Harrow Council for free meals as this will bring other benefits, such as money provided to the school to support your child's learning.
Please see below for the school lunch menu from Lunch Time & Co
Free School Meals - What’s new?
Since September 2014 all children in reception class, year 1 and year 2 get a free school meal – regardless of their parents' income. However, you may still need to apply. Some children in year 3, 4, 5 and 6 may also be eligible for a free school meal if their parents/carers receive support. See list of benefits below.
Why do I need to apply for Free School Meals?
Families should apply if they get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- the ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (you will need to apply directly to the school not Bradford Council)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
If you are on any of the benefits listed above it’s important to still apply as any child registered for Free School Meals may get other help too:
- for every child registered, the school will get a “Pupil Premium”. This means the school gets £1,300 (Primary schools) per year for each child registered. This money is to help your child achieve their best at school.
- help with the cost of residential school trips
- help with school uniform costs
- help with council run music lessons at school
Click below to access further information and the application form.
New applications for Free School Meals should be completed and submitted via www.harrow.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals. Prior to doing this, please encourage parents to log in to the Free School Meal Eligibility Checker via https://pps.lgfl.org.uk. This will avoid the unnecessary completing of an application form should the parent not qualify and more importantly, help the school to identify as many children as possible for Pupil Premium as the school will be notified of the parent qualifying at the same time as the parent. Once the parent completes and submits the Harrow application form, Access Harrow will update systems for inclusion in the schools list. Please ensure that all children are included on the application.