As a parent, there are many ways you can help your child’s learning:
- Hear younger children read daily, asking questions and encouraging them to talk about the book.
- Be a talking family. This will help your child build up a good vocabulary.
- Support your child with homework, not doing it for them, but discussing what they have been asked to do.
- Bring your child to school regularly and on time.
- Attend parents meetings so you become aware of areas your child may need help in.
Additionally, if you have a few hours you can spare each week, we would welcome offers of support in school. If you are able to offer your time as a volunteer, please ask at the Reception desk. Please note that all volunteers must have a Safeguarding check carried out by the school before commencing.